In this 2 part series, Denise provides an overview of genetics and how genes may influence health and why DNA testing is essential for personalised medicine. She covers DNA composition, DNA synthesis, amino acids and enzymes, what to look for in a test, terminology and highlights how to utilise this test in clinic to improve patient outcomes.
Hear Denise run through case studies and treatment plans for getting results and improving patient outcomes. She explains the beneficial use of DNA testing as part of a preventative treatment plan and how DNA testing can be an integral part of a Functional Medicine approach to treating your patients. Further to this, she will also cover how to utilise other relevant pathology testing and functional testing alongside DNA testing, using case studies to highlight.
- A greater understanding of the basics of genetic testing, and more clarity on the science and importance of nutrigenomics.
- Gain clinically relevant tools so you are able to use genetic testing for preventative and proactive care as part of a Functional Medicine approach in clinic.
- By the end of this series you will understand how to use DNA testing in clinical practice.
This series includes two webinar recordings:
- DNA Composition
- DNA Synthesis
- Amino Acids and Enzymes
- What to Look for in a DNA Test
- Terminology of DNA Testing
- Case Studies
- Practical Application of DNA Testing
Both webinars are 90 mins, including Q & A.
Presenter: Dr Denise Furness
Terms: This course is subject to future edits and alterations.
Notes: Downloadable PDF slides are available for this course.
CPE Points: Please click here for more information on CPE points.